Five-star districts succeed in improving student achievement while keeping spending relatively low. The secrets to their success are practices that:
- have proven to be an effective practice for containing, reducing or avoiding costs;
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of educational program delivery, including demonstrated improvement in student performance;
- are estimated to produce a significant long-term return on investment for the district;
- have significantly increased purchasing power though the use of purchasing partnerships;
- have realized efficiencies through the use of shared services arrangements with other districts; and/or
- can be implemented by other districts.
These “smart practices” show how other Texas school districts can improve the effectiveness of their operations and educational programs.
One district’s success can spark another’s. Read these Smart Practices shared by school districts across Texas on a range of topics:
- instruction and staffing
- financial management and technology solutions
- purchasing and student services
Watch what top districts across the state have to say about their district’s innovative approaches to leveraging financial efficiencies for strong student success.
Get the word out: